Guided Care Nursing Series (14.028) (January 6 – February 21, 2014)
Major changes are coming to the Guided Care Nursing course beginning in spring 2014!
The course is being updated and reformatted! All of the content will be online 24/7. It will no longer contain live webinars.
After the January/February 2014 cohort, the course will not offer the exam for the ANCC certificate holder credential. To allow for ample time for the January/February 2014 and earlier cohorts to test and retest if needed, ANCC will keep the exam open until September 2014.
The course will continue to provide ANCC continuing education contact hours and a certificate of completion.
The best news is that the registration fee will be significantly reduced! More information to follow.
This six-week online course gives nurses the knowledge and skills needed to assess patient needs, monitor chronic conditions, and educate and empower patients to improve health and quality of life. Participants will complete 20 hours of core content and learning activities, including six live webinars, and have access to an additional 20 hours of supplemental learning activities.
Webinars: Tuesday nights from 5:30-6:30 PM (EST)
Registration fee discounts:
- NGNA/CMSA members - registration fee $1500 ($400 discount)
- Group discounts for 10 or more participants from same organization - contact us.
Successful completion of this Guided Care Nursing course is required before taking the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Guided Care Nursing exam. After passing the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate in Guided Care Nursing.
Tuition includes course materials and activities, the ANCC examination fee and certificate. The exam is taken at a Prometric testing center.
The Guided Care Nursing Course was developed in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health with support from the John A. Hartford Foundation. It is endorsed by the National Gerontological Nursing Association and sponsored by SeniorBridge. For more information about Guided Care, see http://www.guidedcare.org/.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 40 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 40.00 ANCC