Comprehensive Stroke Course for Nurses- Stroke Certified RN Exam Review
This course is designed:
- To prepare nurses to pass the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) Examination.
- As education for nurses specializing in the care of stroke patients.
This is a series of nine online recorded modules presented by experts from the Department of Neurology and Neurosciences Nursing at the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Stroke Center*. This course reviews all major topics of the examination and provides information regarding the latest evidence-based guidelines and protocols for managing stroke patients.
Nurses specializing in caring for stroke patients and nurses preparing to take the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) Examination
Johns Hopkins Health System clinical staff are eligible for a 50% discount on this course. To access the discount coupon go to the JHH Nursing Intranet. If you are with the JHHS and not able to access the intranet, email us.
The following experts from the Department of Neurology and Neurosciences at the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Stroke Center:
Elisabeth Marsh, MD
Brenda Johnson, DNP, CRNP-BC, ANVP
Betsy Zink, MS, RN, CNRN, CCRN, CCNS
Richard Leigh, MD
Lisa Klein, MSN, RN, AGCNS-BC, CNRN
Melissa Heller Rosenblum, BSN, RN, CNRN
Chih Garbus, LCSW-C
Holly Russell, OTR/L
*The Johns Hopkins Hospital is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Joint Commission's and MIEMSS stroke center certifications (Comprehensive Stroke Center) recognize that our centers offer the critical elements required to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes.
Certification in stroke nursing provides the candidate with formal recognition of the attainment and demonstration of the unique body of knowledge necessary for the practice of stroke care. In awarding the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) credential, American Board of Neurosciences Nursing (ABNN) recognizes nurses who demonstrate this knowledge through successful completion of the specialty certification.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 10.00 ANCC