Guided Care Nursing Series (13.026) (September 16 - October 28, 2013)
Guided Care was developed to help primary care practices address the growing challenges of a rapidly aging America. By 2025, more than 25% of the U.S. population will be living with multiple chronic conditions, and the cost for managing their care is expected to reach $1.07 trillion. In Guided Care, specially-educated RNs work in partnership with primary care physicians and connected caregivers to support complexly ill patients.
This six-week online course gives nurses the knowledge and skills needed to assess patient needs, monitor chronic conditions, and educate and empower patients to improve health and quality of life. Participants will complete 20 hours of core content and learning activities, including six live webinars, and have access to an additional 20 hours of supplemental learning activities.
Webinars: Tuesday nights from 5:30-6:30 PM Eastern Time
Registration fee discounts:
- NGNA/CMSA members - registration fee $1500 ($400 discount)
- Group discounts for 10 or more participants from same organization - contact us.
Successful completion of this Guided Care Nursing course is required before taking the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Guided Care Nursing exam. After passing the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate in Guided Care Nursing.
Tuition includes course materials and activities, the ANCC examination fee and certificate. The exam is taken at a Prometric testing center.
The Guided Care Nursing Course was developed in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health with support from the John A. Hartford Foundation. It is endorsed by the National Gerontological Nursing Association and sponsored by SeniorBridge. For more information about Guided Care, see http://www.guidedcare.org/.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 40 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 40.00 ANCC