Nursing Leadership Academy Virtual Workshop Jan 23-25, 2023
Gain the knowledge and skills to lead your team to success!
In this 3-day, intensive blended learning program, you'll explore evidence-based practices with management experts and learn practical strategies from experienced Johns Hopkins nursing leaders. You'll combine opportunities for self-assessment and self-reflection with highly interactive group sessions built around realistic and challenging work situations. You'll work closely with a peer group to identify and address the most critical issues in the lives of nursing leaders today.
The workshop days consist of live presentations and hands-on activities to strengthen your skills.
*Registration closes Monday 1/2/2023 at midnight. There are a limited number of spaces - so don't delay!
This program is designed specifically for nursing leaders, particularly nurse managers, assistant directors, assistant nurse managers, and those aspiring to leadership positions.
- Emergenetics© - Understand yourself and others to build interpersonal strategies that drive performance
- Positive Psychology - Achieve a higher level of excellence through improved staff satisfaction and engagement
- Managing Transitions - Guide your team through change, so that in the end, they can accept and support it
- Difficult Conversations - Master tools for talking when the stakes are high
- Healthcare Finance 101 - Learn the language to lead in a time when the bottom line is increasingly crucial
- Creating High performing teams. Discuss strategies to enhance team performance.
- Calming Your Chaos - Regain control of your time and life
(Specific content and presenters are subject to change.)
Time: The live sessions will be presented during eastern standard time.
Registration fee: Includes all course materials and Welcome Box (*Please note: welcome boxes are sent to mailing addresses within the US only, we can not ship internationally).
Equipment: You will need a computer with internet access, a webcam, and a microphone. Live sessions will be presented virtually via Zoom. Please test your computer's video and audio prior to the event.
Photo/Video Permission: During the event, photos or videos may be taken for the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing (IJHN) promotional purposes. To opt out, click here.
ADA: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact us if you have any disability that requires special material or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.
All intellectual property and copyright in this Johns Hopkins Nursing Leadership Academy program and its accompanying materials and derivatives are held solely by IJHN. These materials may not be modified, redistributed, or reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without PRIOR authorization from IJHN.
Nurse Educator, The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 16.5 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing. The 16.5 contact hours will be awarded after the completion of the workshop and the submission of the final course evaluation.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 16.50 ANCC
*IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ*
Your registration is not confirmed until you receive an email with the subject line, You are registered for Nursing Leadership Academy! This email will include your Zoom link and important course information. If you do not receive this email, your registration may not be recorded. Make sure to check your SPAM folder and add our email address to your "safe list" to receive all workshop information.
*Registration closes Monday 1/2/23 at midnight. There are a limited number of spaces - so don't delay!
Payment by credit card only (except JHHS affiliates).
Cancellations: All cancellations must be received in writing no later than 2 weeks before the event start date to receive a full refund minus a $200 cancellation fee. Cancellations received less than 2 weeks before the event start date are no longer eligible for a refund. IJHN reserves the right to cancel or postpone any activity due to unforeseen circumstances. In this event, the IJHN will refund the registration fee.
Computer with internet access, webcam, and microphone.
Live sessions will be presented virtually via Zoom. Please test your computer's video and audio before the event.