Hematology | Optimizing the Diagnosis and Treatment of Patients with Polycythemia Vera
Polycythemia vera (PV), a myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN), is associated with a significant number of symptoms and complications, with thrombosis, fibrotic progression, and leukemic transformation representing the most life-threatening complications. Although there are clear criteria typically required to diagnose patients with PV, including the presence of a mutation in the Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) gene, PV still presents many diagnostic challenges.
Hematology Consults.com is a real-world focused, interactive, case-based, e-learning platform. Here, you will find interactive, written, enduring, Continuing Education (CE) modules accredited by the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing, developed and executed with clinical oversight by top experts in many hematology specialties. Activities are available on a wide range of topics, and allow participants the opportunity to apply the information learned in day-to-day patient care.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Chair and Planner
David S. Ettinger, MD
Alex Grass Professor in Oncology
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer
Patrick Brown, MD
Associate Professor of Oncology and Pediatrics
Director, Pediatric Leukemia Program
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 0.5 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing. The 0.5 contact hours will be awarded from the Hematology Consults website after the completion.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 0.50 ANCC
You will be redirected to the Hematology Consults website.
If you do not have an account on their website you will need to create an account before logging in to access this free course.
Click HERE to be directed to the Hematology Consults website. Select the desired article and proceed as instructed on the site. A certificate of participation will be available online immediately following successful completion of the activity.