Volume 4, Special Edition: Highlights of the 27th Annual NACFC
e-Cystic Fibrosis Review is a monthly CE series for nurses, nurse practitioners, and others involved in the care of patients with Cystic Fibrosis. It provides updates on the latest research, best practices, and issues currently under debate, as well as a concise review of relevant journal literature.
(Volume 4, Special Edition)
Nurses and health care professionals involved in the care of patients with Cystic Fibrosis.
After participating in this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss the clinical and biological endpoints that reflect effective ivacaftor treatment in individuals with CF due to at least one G551D CFTR mutation
- Describe the lung microbiome along with the advantages and disadvantages of different sampling techniques.
- Discuss the role that azithromycin plays in preventing nontuberculous mycobacterium infection and the potential for inducing azithromycin resistance
- Recognize the advantages of a utilizing behavioral therapies to improve the nutritional status of young children with CF
- Explain the relationship between BMI and FEV1 in underweight and overweight individuals with CF patients, and identify those with lower caloric needs.
- Discuss the relationship between nutritional status at a young age and its relationship to growth, health, and survival at puberty and age 18 years.
- 1.00 ANCC