Volume 4, Special Edition 2: Special Edition: Issue 2
e-Cystic Fibrosis Review is a monthly CE series for nurses, nurse practitioners, and others involved in the care of patients with Cystic Fibrosis. It provides updates on the latest research, best practices, and issues currently under debate, as well as a concise review of relevant journal literature.
(Volume 4, Special Edition 2 )
Nurses and health care professionals involved in the care of patients with Cystic Fibrosis.
After participating in this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the effects and safe dosage of nitric oxide (NO) for cystic fibrosis (CF) pathogen reduction
- Identify risk factors for Non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) infection
- Understand the relationship between alpha-1-antitrypsin/ neutrophil elastase (AAT/NE) and CF disease
- Discuss bronchoscopy as an alternative to cough swabs for detecting lower lung infections
- Explain the positive effects of VX-809 combined with ivacaftor on patients with the F508del CFTR mutation
Margaret Rosenfeld, MD, MPH
Division of Pulmonary Medicine
Seattle Children’s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics
University of Washington School of Medicine
- 1.00 ANCC