Supplemental Course - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Provides evidence-based strategies for the assessment and management of COPD among community-dwelling older adults. Remember to disable your pop-up blocker.
Registered nurses (RN) and healthcare providers focusing on best practices in chronic disease management, case management, caregiver education and support, transitional care, and geriatric evaluation and management.
- Discuss the diagnostic criteria for COPD
- Discuss evaluation and treatment of acute exacerbations of COPD
- Describe the management goals for the COPD patient
- Identify relevant comorbidities of COPD, such as hypoxemia and depression
- State the role of pulmonary rehabilitation in COPD
Enid R. Neptune, MD