Johns Hopkins internationally-known stroke experts will help you prepare for the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) exam. Certification in stroke nursing provides the candidate with formal recognition of the attainment and demonstration of the unique body of knowledge necessary for the practice of stroke care. In awarding the Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) credential, American Board of Neurosciences Nursing (ABNN) recognizes nurses who demonstrate this knowledge through successful completion of the specialty certification.
This is a series of nine online recorded courses presented by experts from the Department of Neurology and Neurosciences Nursing at the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Stroke Center*.
*The Johns Hopkins Hospital is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The Joint Commission's and MIEMSS stroke center certifications (Comprehensive Stroke Center) recognize that our centers offer the critical elements required to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes.
Johns Hopkins Health System clinical staff are eligible for a 50% discount on this course. To access the discount coupon go to the JHH Nursing Intranet. If you are with the JHHS and not able to access the intranet, email us.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 9.0 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.