Nursing Leadership Academy - April 20-23, 2015
Gain the knowledge and skills to lead you and your team to success in the turbulent healthcare environment of today and tomorrow!
In this 4-day intensive program, you'll explore evidence-based practices with management experts and learn practical strategies from experienced Johns Hopkins nursing leaders. You'll combine opportunities for self-assessment and self-reflection with highly interactive group sessions built around realistic and challenging work situations. You'll work closely with a peer group to identify and address the most critical issues in the lives of nursing leaders today.
Comments from past participants:
- This was a fabulous program that provided me with a wealth of information and knowledge as a new manager. I would recommend this program for a new or even experienced leader.
- Emergenetics greatly assisted with my understanding and the importance of identifying personality profiles in my management team.
- I enjoyed the course! I feel that I have more confidence in my leadership skills now.
- I absolutely loved the entire course.
- The program was excellent; all topics taught were applicable and will certainly improve me as a manager.
- Every speaker was truly and expert on their topic. Very prepared to answer questions.
- I’m already approaching/thinking of things in such a different mindset.
- Great camaraderie.
- Very concise, fast-paced, informative.
Registration fee: Includes all course materials, Emergenetics profile, daily continental breakfasts and lunches, parking vouchers for local attendees, and certificates.
Optional 5th day (Friday): Observe for 4 hours in a clinical area. Additional fee of $400. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this option.
Location: This program will be held in Baltimore, MD, at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, which is across the street from The Johns Hopkins Hospital. The closest parking garage is the Washington St. Garage at the corner of Washington and Monument Streets.
Accommodations: Many Baltimore hotels give special Johns Hopkins rates and provide free shuttle service to/from the hospital. Here is a current list.
Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Statement of Contact Hours: This 25.4 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
Cancellation policy: 100% refund if cancellation is received 2 weeks prior to event, 50% refund if cancellation is 1 week prior to event. No refunds if cancellation is less than 1 week prior to event.
This program is designed specifically for nursing leaders, particularly nurse managers, assistant directors, assistant nurse managers and those aspiring to leadership positions.
Johns Hopkins Health System staff receive a discount for this course. To get the coupon code you need to use to get the discount, go to the JHH Nursing Intranet. If you are with the JHHS, but aren't able to access the intranet, please email us.
Learn the hows and whys of:
- Emergenetics© - Understand yourself and others to build interpersonal strategies that drive performance
- Propel Performance© - Achieve a higher level of excellence through improved staff satisfaction and engagement
- Managing Transitions - Guide your team through change, so in the end they can accept and support it
- Crucial Conversations© - Master tools for talking when the stakes are high
- Situational Leadership and Managing Performance - Give your staff what they need to succeed
- Healthcare finance 101 - Learn the language to lead in a time when the bottom line is increasing crucial
- TeamSTEPPS® - Improve team communication, safety, staff and patient satisfaction
- Managing disruptive behavior in the workplace
- Calming Your Chaos - Regain control of your time and life
(The specific content and presenters are subject to change.)
- 25.40 ANCC