GCNC Course: Elder Abuse
Provides evidence-based strategies for the assessment and management of abuse and neglect. Remember to disable your pop-up blocker.
Registered nurses (RN) and healthcare providers focusing on best practices in chronic disease management, case management, caregiver education and support, transitional care, and geriatric evaluation and management.
- Discuss the significance of elder abuse in the United States
- Define different types of elder abuse: physical, emotional/psychological, sexual, financial, and neglect
- Review basic medical forensic terminology
- Identify risk factors and strategies for prevention
- Identify methods for detecting abuse
- Describe reporting requirements
Daniel Sheridan, PhD, RN, FAAN
Jane Shivnan, MScN, RN, AOCN
- 1.00 ANCC