The purpose of this course is to fulfill the state of Maryland requirement for completion of implicit bias training for licensed providers for re-licensure as of 4/1/2022 (Senate Bill 5/House Bill 28 - 2021: Public Health - Implicit Bias Training and the Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities).
This course will increase awareness of unconscious bias and microaggressions, provide participants with strategies for responding to microaggressions and mitigating bias in everyday life, the workplace, and in clinical care in an effort to reduce health and health care disparities and promote health equity.
*Participants must attend at least 45 minutes of the session to receive credit.
Any licensed provider, who is required to complete implicit bias training in fulfillment of (Senate Bill 5/House Bill 28 - 2021: Public Health - Implicit Bias Training and the Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities) as of 4/1/2022.
- Develop an awareness of how unconscious bias impacts decision-making
- Recognize microaggressions
- Respond to microaggressions
- Practice allyship for creating an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Apply strategies for mitigating unconscious bias
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org