This Memorandum of Understanding between THE JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL (“JHH”) and the INSTITUTE FOR JOHNS HOPKINS NURSING (“IJHN”), with an address of 600 N Wolfe Street Admin 308, Baltimore MD 21287 (herein collectively referred to as “Johns Hopkins”), and a nurse visiting the United States to participate in a clinical observation experience with JHH (herein referred to as “Nurse”).
Whereas, JHH is willing to host the Nurse in a clinical observation experience and the IJHN is willing to schedule and coordinate such experience.
Now, Therefore, In consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein, it is agreed by and between JHH, IJHN and Nurse as follows:
Clinical Observation Experience
- Nurse will provide IJHN with a detailed list of objectives/goals to be fulfilled during the clinical observation experience (the “Experience”). The list should include special interests and skills that the Nurse wishes to observe or learn during the Experience. Johns Hopkins will arrange for a schedule of rotations based on the Nurse’s stated objectives/goals.
- The Nurse and Johns Hopkins will mutually determine the start and end dates for the Experience.
- IJHN will provide an orientation program for Nurse upon his/her arrival, and will provide support and information to Nurse before and during the Experience.
- Nurse acknowledges that he/she may not take any photographs, videos, or make any other recordings of patients or employees during the Experience.
- Nurse acknowledges that the Experience is strictly limited to observation only, and that Nurse may not practice skills, treat, or provide medical services or advice to Johns Hopkins patients during the Experience.
- Nurse recognizes that health care environments pose certain inherent risks, and Nurse agrees not to hold Johns Hopkins liable for any personal injury or property damage that arises during or as a result of Nurse’s Experience with Johns Hopkins. Nurse shall sign and submit the Waiver and Release attached hereto as Exhibit A.
- Nurse will adhere to Johns Hopkins appearance policies, including without limitation, professional attire (no jeans) in non-clinical areas, and uniform or lab coat in clinical areas.
- Nurse will adhere to all other applicable Johns Hopkins policies of which he/she is made aware, and acknowledges that Johns Hopkins may require Nurse’s immediate removal in the event Nurse fails to follow such policy or other instructions provided by Johns Hopkins.
- Prior to confirmation of the Experience, Nurse must submit the following:
- Proof of required health screens and immunizations, plus a flu shot if Experience is during flu season in accordance with Johns Hopkins policy.
- Documentation of health insurance.
- If requested, evidence of acceptable criminal background check.
- If requested, evidence of nursing degree(s), professional licensure, etc.
- Nurse will view the on-line orientation course/video and any other assigned trainings prior to the Experience, as directed by IJHN.
- Nurse acknowledges that a successful Experience requires English proficiency, and that Johns Hopkins does not provide interpreter services for the Experience. Nurse warrants and represents that Nurse has a professional proficiency in English, including familiarity with medical terminology.
- Nurse will arrange and pay for all air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, and personal expenses during the Experience.
- Prior to the start of the Experience, the Nurse agrees to pay in full the determined cost of the Experience.
- Payment may be made by credit card or international wiring of funds. Please see wiring information below.
WIRE The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Bank of America
100 South Charles Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Transit/Routing/ABA number: 026009593
Account number: 2000501999 Type of account: Depository
If needed for international wires:
SWIFT code: BOFAUS3N CHIPS ABA number: None
- In the event of cancellation by Nurse, a full refund, less a $500 processing fee, will be returned if cancellation request is received via email at least four weeks in advance of the Experience start date. No refunds will be processed after four weeks prior to the confirmed start date.
- IJHN reserves the right to cancel a program due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of such cancellation, IJHN will refund all fees paid to Johns Hopkins in full; Johns Hopkins cannot be responsible for transportation and accommodation costs, charges, or expenses incurred by the Nurse
- If Nurse has a medical emergency while on-site at JHH during the Experience, Johns Hopkins will see that emergency care is provided through the Nurse’s health insurance coverage. With the exception of emergency care, the Nurse is responsible for his/her own medical care needs.
- In the event that a dispute arises between Johns Hopkins and the Nurse, the parties will work cooperatively to resolve informally if possible. In the event of a dispute rising to the level of litigation, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland (excepting any conflict of laws or provision which would serve to defeat application of Maryland law), and venue shall be in the State of Maryland. EACH PARTY, KNOWINGLY AND AFTER CONSULTATION WITH COUNSEL, FOR ITSELF, ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OF ANY CLAIM ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY MATTER RELATED IN ANY WAY THERETO.