Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Series | 2017 Edition
The model and tools featured in this course are based on the 3rd edition of the JHNEBP Model and Guidelines Book released in 2017. The 2022 Edition of this course that aligns with the recently published 4th edition textbook is HERE.
**Note: This course is retiring soon. No new enrollments are permitted after January 1, 2022. Those students enrolled before January 1, 2022, will still have access to the course to review or complete. Questions?
The Johns Hopkins Nursing EBP Model is a powerful problem-solving approach to clinical decision-making, and is accompanied by user-friendly tools to guide individual or group use. It is designed specifically to meet the needs of the healthcare professional.
This course is an engaging online experience, containing interactive elements, self-checks, instructional videos, and demonstrations of how to put EBP into use. The course follows the EBP process from beginning to end and provides guidance to the learner on how to proceed, using the tools that are part of the Johns Hopkins Nursing EBP model.
PERMISSION TO USE MODEL AND TOOLS
To obtain permission to use our model and tools, submit this form.
Our EBP experts are available to provide consultation and/or customized education at your facility. If interested, contact us.
“The course is exemplary. I recommend it highly. EBP is difficult for practitioners to grasp and you have condensed the key elements in an interesting, interactive, and succinct format.”
-Colleen Morgan, Professor of Nursing, Florida State College
The Johns Hopkins Nursing EBP series focuses on the use of EBP to solve problems faced by bedside nurses, nurse educators, and nurse managers and leaders. It is designed for individual nurses or for broad use by health care organizations and schools of nursing. Discounted pricing available for groups and institutions, contact us for details.
Johns Hopkins Health System clinical staff and JHU School of Nursing faculty/students are welcome to take this series of courses free of charge. To access the coupon code, go to the JHH Nursing Intranet. If you are with JHHS or JHUSON, but aren't able to access the coupon, Contact us.
After completing this series of courses, you will be able to:
- Participate in EBP projects
- Answer clinical, educational, and administrative problems using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence Based Practice (JHNEBP) Model
- Identify an EBP problem and question
- Search and appraise literature
- Implement change using the JHNEBP Model
2017 New Model and Tools | 3rd Edition of JHNEBP Book
On October 20, 2017 the third edition of Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Model and Guidelines book was published. This fully revised third edition builds on the strength of the first two editions with updated content based on more than a decade of the model’s use and refinement in real-life settings. With the revision of the book, the conceptual model and tools were also updated. Existing tools were modified and 3 new tools were added which address: analysis of the stakeholders, implementing and tracking the action plan and the active dissemination of the EBP findings. These changes were designed to help make the EBP process easier for practicing nurses.
Thank you to the following Johns Hopkins EBP Steering Committee members who contributed their knowledge and expertise the development of this course: K. Bissett, L.Costa, M. Cvach, D. Dang, S. Dearholt, S. Dudley-Brown, S. Kulik, H. Mark, M.Olsen, J. Shaefer, M. Terhaar, K. White, S. Verillo.
Our EBP experts are available to provide consultation and/or customized education at your facility. If interested, please contact us.
- Accreditation Statement: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Statement of Contact Hours: This 5.0 contact hour educational activity is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing. The 5.0 contact hours will be awarded after the completion of all 5 course modules and the submission of the final course evaluation.
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- 5.00 ANCC
- 5.00 Attendance
You are registering for the 2017 version of this course which coincides with the third edition textbook.
If you are looking for the 2022 version of the course that aligns with the fourth edition textbook CLICK HERE.
By registering for this course you agree to these terms:
All intellectual property and copyright in this Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice program and its accompanying materials and derivatives is held solely by IJHN. These materials may not be modified, redistributed or reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without PRIOR authorization from IJHN.