Evidence-Based Practice Boot Camp | October 17-21, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Nursing Center for Evidence-Based Practice presents this intensive 5-day workshop. Using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice (JHNEBP) model, you will learn the entire EBP process from assessing the problem to disseminating your results and everything in between. Our expert faculty will provide you with the tools, knowledge, and skills needed to not only conduct an EBP project, but also lead and mentor others in the EBP process. The course involves both didactic and experiential teaching methods and participants will complete an evidence-based practice project on a problem of their choosing.
The JHNEBP model is a powerful problem-solving approach to clinical decision-making and is accompanied by user-friendly tools to guide individual or group use. It is designed specifically to meet the needs of the practicing nurse and uses a three-step process called PET: Practice question, Evidence, and Translation. The goal of the model is to ensure that the latest research findings and best practices are quickly and appropriately incorporated into patient care.
Attire: Business casual. Room temperatures can be variable and difficult to control. Please dress accordingly. Please bring a laptop with you to the Boot Camp so you can fully participate and work on your own EBP project.
Photo Permission: During the event photos may be taken for IJHN promotional purposes.
Group Pricing: For groups of 3 or more from the same organization registering together - special pricing available at $1495 per person. If you are a JHHS employee, contact IJHN for pricing.
Heres what people are saying:
"The presenters were so enthusiastic and passionate about EBP."
"Every speaker was so engaged and you could tell EBP was so important to them."
"This program definitely increased my understanding of the EBP process."
"It was fun and lively."
"Definitely recommend it!"
This comprehensive, hands-on program is perfect for:
- Clinical leaders and educators wanting to increase their competence and confidence with EBP
- Hospital or departmental champions charged with bringing EBP into their organization
- Faculty responsible for teaching EBP or advising graduate or doctoral students
- Conflict of Interest: It is the policy of The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing to require our continuing nursing education program faculty and planning committee members to disclose any financial relationships with companies providing program funding or manufacturers of any commercial products discussed in the program. The planning committee and program faculty report that they do not have financial relationships with manufacturers of any commercial products they discuss in the program.
- Commercial Support: This educational activity has not received any form of commercial support.
- Non-Endorsement of Products: The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center does not endorse the use of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received in writing 6 weeks prior to the event. Cancellations received 6 weeks prior to the event will be refunded the event cost less a $200 administrative fee. We are unable to make refunds after the 6 week deadline. IJHN reserves the right to cancel or postpone any activity due to unforeseen circumstances. In this event, the IJHN will refund the registration fee but is not responsible for travel expenses.
- 30.20 ANCC