EBP Course 1: What is EBP?
What is EBP, and why is it important for nurses to learn how to do and use it? This course explains the basic concepts of EBP and introduces the Johns Hopkins Nursing EBP Model.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to explain what EBP is and distinguish between EBP, research utilization, quality improvement, and research.
- Define Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Discuss the importance of EBP for nurses and health care
- Distinguish nursing research, quality improvement, research utilization, and EBP
- Identify commonly used EBP models
- Describe the Johns Hopkins Nursing EBP Model
Sandra Dearholt, MS, RN
Kathleen M. White, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN