The Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool (JHFRAT) was developed as part of an evidence-based fall safety initiative. This risk stratification tool is highly effective when combined with a comprehensive protocol, and fall-prevention products and technologies. The JHFRAT is currently being used in hundreds of hospitals worldwide. Your facility may now purchase a license to use this tool (each facility/hospital within a health system requires a separate license).
The one-time $850 fee includes:
- License to use it in one facility in electronic and/or paper form
- PDF file of the tool (to use as a paper document or have embedded into your EHR)
- PDF file of the Johns Hopkins Fall Prevention Guidelines by Risk Category
- PDF files for two publications by Johns Hopkins experts about the effectiveness of the tool
- Unlimited access for your hospital's staff to the online course describing its use.
- Poe, SS; Cvach, MM; Gartrell, DG; Radzik, BR; Joy, TL. "An Evidence-based Approach to Fall Risk Assessment, Prevention, and Management Lessons Learned." J Nurs Care Qual. 2005; 20(2): 107–116.
- Poe, SS; Cvach, M; Dawson, PB; Straus, H; Hill, EE. "The Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool Postimplementation Evaluation." J Nurs Care Qual. 2007; 22(4): 293–298.
Please begin this process by completing and submitting this form. After reviewing your information, we will email you a link from which you may access and/or download the items described above.
For your careful review: Legal terms and conditions